Back in February (a month that looked a lot like early May in some parts of Wisconsin), I posted that Milwaukee had made the Forbes magazine list of America’s Most Miserable Cities, and how I thought that was absolute twaddle. Turns out I was right.
Milwaukee isn’t only not miserable, it’s positively exciting. That’s according to the folks at the MOVOTO blog (“the lighter side of real estate“), who rank Milwaukee #7 on 10 criteria:
- Park acreage per person
- Percent of population between 20 and 34 years old
- Fast food restaurants per square mile (the fewer the better)
- Bars per square mile
- Big box stores per square mile (the fewer the better)
- Population diversity
- Movie theaters per square mile
- Museums per square mile
- Theater companies per square mile
“We would have never guessed that Milwaukee would make our list. It turns out that Brew City is simply solid on all of our criteria,” they wrote.